English website

Registering your place of residence

All inhabitants over 16 years of age are required to register their address (Anmeldung) with the Registration Office (Einwohnermeldeamt) of their district within two weeks of their arrival. Employees of international organizations might be exempt from this requirement under certain circumstances.

For further information or an appointment, please contact the Citizens Service Center (Dienstleistungszentrum) at 0228 776677.

Required documents:

a) Completed registration form (Anmeldeformular)

available free of charge from the public offices of the City of Bonn in all districts, the City Hall Information Desk, Berliner Platz 2, 53111 Bonn, Information Desk of the District Administration Offices in the Town Halls at Bad Godesberg, Beuel and Hardtberg as well as from stationery shops, for a small fee. You may download or fill in the registration form also directly on the Bonn homepage.

b) Passport

The confirmation of registration (Anmeldebestätigung) which you receive is required for additional formalities, so keep it readily accessible. An authorised agent with written power of attorney may also submit the forms. When moving within the city, a change of address form (Ummeldeformular) is required. Before leaving Germany, it is necessary to complete a cancellation of registration (Abmeldeformular).

c) Confirmation of the landlord

For every registration, a confirmation of the landlord (Wohnungsgeberbestätigung) is needed. You find the form below. It needs to be brought to the appointment with the landlord’s signature on it.