Numerous organizations and institutions that are based in Bonn are involved in the field of disaster risk reduction and management. In addition to United Nations agencies, these include federal authorities, scientific institutions, development organizations, companies, relief organizations, NGOs and many others.
Since 2010, the City of Bonn has been involved in international cooperation in the field of disaster risk reduction and management, especially in collaboration with the United Nations Early Warning Platform ISDR and the city network ICLEI - Cities for Sustainability.
To promote networking and exchange among national and international actors from politics, civil society, science and the private sector based in Bonn, the Bonn Network International Civil Protection and Disaster Risk Reduction was founded in 2017.
The Bonn Network is intended to form a broad coalition of actors from all areas and levels to
- strengthen the exchange and networking of actors involved in disaster risk reduction and management on site.
- inform on related tasks, services, events and projects
- consolidate Bonn as a center of competence in the field of international disaster risk reduction and management.
Interview with Stefan Wagner, head of the Department of International Affairs and Global Sustainability of the City of Bonn
In the meantime, additional members from Bonn and beyond have joined the network, which has also established its Secretariat in the city. Located within the German Committee for Disaster Risk Reduction e.V. (DKKV), it coordinates and organizes network meetings and informs about current developments and events. A quarterly newsletter is published and the network’s online presence is ensured.
The Bonn Network’s new website has been launched and can be visited at:
Members of the network include:
- City of Bonn
- Alliance of German Relief Organizations
- bonnalliance for Sustainability Research
- Department of Geography, Univeristy of Bonn, RG Geomorphology and Environmental Systems
- Deutsche Post DHL Group
- Deutsche Telekom AG
- Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V.
- Disaster Management and Risk Governance, University of Bonn
- Engagement Global gGmbH, Service Agency Communities in One World (SKEW)
- European Forest Institute
- Federal Agency for Technical Relief (THW)
- Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
- Federal Office of Civil Protection and Disaster Assistance (BBK)
- German Aerospace Center (DLR)
- German Committee for Disaster Reduction e.V. (DKKV)
- German Red Cross – District Association Bonn e.V. (DRK)
- German Society for International Cooperation (GIZ)
- Help – helf for self-help e.V.
- ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability
- International Centre for Sustainable Development (IZNE), University of Applied Sciences (H-BRS)
- Institute for Environment and Human Security, United Nations University (UNU-EHS)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR)
- United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR)
- United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UN-Spider)
- University Hospital Bonn, Institute for Hygiene and Public Health
Your search returned no results
Did you spell all the words correctly?