Corona virus: current figures
Since 29 February 2020, a total of 732 people have tested positive for coronavirus (as of Sunday, 31 May). Eight people have died in connection with Covid-19, 692 people have recovered and 32 have become acutely ill.
Corona crisis: extension of stay with a Schengen visa
Are you staying in Bonn with a Schengen visa for visiting or business purposes up to a maximum of 90 days and cannot leave the country in good time before the visa expires? Then we can help you!
In these cases it is possible to issue a border crossing certificate upon request. With this official document, the deadline for departure is postponed, currently to June 30, 2020.
Please submit the following documents:
- Copy of your passport
- Copy of the visa
- Copy of entry and exit stamps
- Copy of the declaration of commitment
- Proof of health insurance coverage by June 30, 2020
- Power of attorney if you are represented by a third person.
The same applies to a visa-free visit. Here too we ask for the submission of the above documents (with the exception of a visa and a declaration of commitment).
Requirement to wear protective masks
Since 27 April 2020, the wearing of a mouth and nose cover has been mandatory:
- at points of sale and in retail stores, at weekly markets,
- in the collection of food and drinks within catering establishments,
- on all common areas of shopping centres (shopping malls, factory outlets and similar facilities,
- in all sales and showrooms of craftsmen and service providers,
- in the provision and use of crafts and services which are provided without maintaining a safe distance of 1.5 metres from the customer (except when driving a vehicle in road traffic)
- in medical practices and similar health care facilities, and
- in the use of public transport and its facilities.
The covering must be large enough to cover mouth, nose and cheek. A textile barrier, which almost everyone has at home, is therefore sufficient. As mouth-nose cover cloths, scarves, self-sewn masks (community masks), purchased disposable masks as well as purchased fabric masks (washable) are used.
Violations of this obligation are punishable by a fine of 150 euros.
Only with appointment to the city administration
The City Council would like to remind you once again that all of the City Council's service buildings have been closed to the public since 19 March 2020. A visit to the administration is only possible by prior appointment. Access controls are in place at the entrances to the buildings. The administration therefore appeals to clarify any concerns by telephone or e-mail. An overview of the central telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the various specialist services can be found on the city's website at