According to this, almost 35,000 initial vaccinations were carried out in this period: 17,000 initial vaccinations in doctors' practices, 13,500 in the vaccination center in the WorldCCBonn and 3200 in mobile services. In addition, there have been around 650 initial vaccinations of schoolchildren* aged 12 and older since August 21, 2021, to whom the city has made an offer of vaccination at the vaccination center. Thus, there is a continuous demand for vaccinations, although the number of people who are not yet vaccinated is getting smaller.
In total, there have been 247,070 initial vaccinations and 232,812 secondary vaccinations against coronavirus in Bonn to date.
The next mobile vaccinations
More mobile vaccinations will take place on site in the coming days:
- Thursday, Aug. 26, 2021, Hofgartenwiese, 5 to 9 p.m.
- Friday, August 27, 2021, Frankenbadvorplatz Altstadt, 5 to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, August 28, 2021, Bonner Bogen Beuel (area Joseph-Schumpeter-Allee, Hermann-Bleibtreu-Ufer), 5 to 9 p.m.
- Sunday, August 29, 2021, Bonner Kunstrasen, 4 to 7 p.m.
- Monday, August 30, 2021, Dransdorf neighborhood center, 2 to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 31, 2021, Bonner Tafel Mackestraße, 1 to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 2, WorldCCBonn, Platz der Vereinten Nationen, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Stadthaus, Berliner Platz, noon to 6 p.m.
- Friday, September 3, DiTiB Mosque, Hochstadenring 43, 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, September 4, Sportpark Nord, main entrance, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
In addition, anyone 12 and older can get vaccinated - also without an appointment - at the Vaccination Center at WorldCCBonn. The vaccination center in the World Conference Center Bonn is open daily from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. up to and including Wednesday, Sept. 1. On Thursday, Sept. 2, vaccinations will be offered there from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. in the vaccination bus.
The current numbers
Bonn is in the fourth wave. As a proportion of the population, new infections occur disproportionately in younger populations. Since the delta variant is widespread, all household members of a person who tests positive are usually infected. Unfortunately, the city finds that infected individuals are reluctant to provide contact information, making contact tracing much more difficult.
Currently, 458 new infections have occurred in the past seven days. The 7-day incidence per 100,000 population is 138.9, and 1427 people are currently in quarantine. As of Wednesday, August 25, there are 586 laboratory-confirmed Covid 19 cases. Thirty-five confirmed infections have occurred at 32 schools (as of Tuesday afternoon, August 24), and seven individuals have tested positive at seven day care centers (as of Monday afternoon, August 23). There have been no outbreaks in facilities.
As of Tuesday, August 24, 51 people from Bonn and the surrounding area who have contracted Covid-19 are in Bonn hospitals. Thirty-six people are being cared for in normal wards, 15 are in intensive care units, and nine of them require ventilation.
Starting Thursday, August 26, 2021, Bonn's outdoor pools can once again be used without advance reservations; the limit on the number of visitors* will no longer apply. Guests must be recovered, vaccinated or tested.
In light of this, the city administration is discontinuing the telephone hotline. Tickets already purchased online can still be used, and those who wish can continue to pre-book individual tickets online.