ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability is a global network of more than 1,750 local and regional governments committed to sustainable urban development. Active in 100+ countries, we influence sustainability policy and drive local action for low emission, nature-based, equitable, resilient and circular development. Our Members and team of experts work together through peer exchange, partnerships and capacity building to create systemic change for urban sustainability.
The Data & Knowledge Management team is seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Officer, Data & Knowledge Management
The successful candidate will be a part of the international ICLEI World Secretariat team based in Bonn, Germany and will be placed within the Data & Knowledge Management team. The Data & Knowledge Management team is responsible for managing and maintaining ICLEI’s global database and the tools, processes and procedures employed to collect, manage, process and utilize data corresponding to the ICLEI Network and its activities in the field of local sustainable development.
Database development and administration:
• Administer and further develop ICLEI’s global database and interrelated systems
• Develop and update APIs by creating and maintaining mapping files for various front ends interfacing with the global database
• Update and maintain metadata to accommodate changes in data being collected and managed in the global database
• Create and maintain reporting forms and tools for the reporting and extraction of urban and regional data
• Maintain regular contact with contracted external service providers working on tasks related to, but not limited to, database and online system development
• Testing of the existing and newly developed systems, managing the testing report, coordinating troubleshooting with the respective external developer
• Support the development of reporting frameworks for projects and initiatives
• Guiding and supporting colleagues in database and database related systems use
• Support development of various project websites by leading the process implementation and acting as a liaison between ICLEI staff and external contractors
• Consult with project teams to help them understand, structure and analyze their data better
• Collaborate with project teams and the Communications teams to create and deliver insightful data analyses and reports for external and project communications and internal deliverables
• Represent the Head of Knowledge Management and Global Events in communications and calls with partners on projects related to data reporting and exchange
• Support the Head of Knowledge Management and Global Events in the execution of other projects and tasks as necessary
• Provide first-level ICT support to colleagues at the ICLEI World Secretariat
Professional Knowledge and Language Skills
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with database and data management related tasks Experience working with non-for-profit and/or Membership organizations is strongly desirable
• University degree (or equivalent) or completed apprenticeship in Information Systems, Computer Sciences or a related field
• Experience in managing relational databases
• Good project management skills
• Self-motivation, pro-active attitude, good interpersonal skills
• Good problem-solving skills and solution-oriented approach. Ability to remain calm, cool and collected in stressful situations.
• Well-organized, accurate and attentive to details. Takes ownership of activities and responsibilities.
• Excellent command of English language (written and spoken), knowledge of German is advantageous, additional languages spoken in ICLEI Regional Offices (Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, Japanese) are an asset.
Terms and conditions:
• The position will be available as of 1 May 2020 and will be offered as a two-year contract to start with and with a four month probation period. The Officer, Data & Knowledge Management reports directly to the Head of Knowledge Management and Global Events
• Working hours per week: 40
• Paid leave days per year: 30
• Salary: 34,650 to 37,618 EUR annually (full time) before tax and social insurance fees, with the final salary to be determined based on the chosen applicant’s skills, experience and position.
• Working language: English
• The employment contract will be based on German law
• Due to legal requirements, applicants must be eligible to obtain the appropriate work permit for Germany prior to the start of the position
By email to careers.bonn (at) iclei.org Please include “Officer, Data & Knowledge Management” in the subject line and send us:
• letter of motivation, recent CV (max 3 pages), certificates and/or letters of reference, all this merged into one pdf. of up to 5 MB size
• indication of citizenship; if non-EU, whether applicant is holder of a work permit for Germany
• indication of possible start date
• indication of citizenship, if Non-EU, whether you are holder of a work permit for Germany
• All genders are welcome
Please note that applications received after the deadline cannot be considered.
In order to support the evaluation via interview, shortlisted candidates might be required to undergo a written test relevant to the job content prior to the interview.
Kindly note, that applications are reviewed continuously upon arrival, therefore submitting your application as soon as possible is advisable.
The ICLEI World Secretariat shall only contact those applicants shortlisted for this position.
|Duration of Appointment||two years, to start with|
|Entry on Duty||01.05.2020|