The Media Manager works as part of the communications and marketing unit (communications department) to engage with media and stakeholders to further the FSC story and manage reputational issues.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Engage the media
• Identify story angles about FSC and target these to relevant journalists; facilitate the gathering of the story.
• Respond to queries from journalists, schedule interviews, brief spokespeople.
• Plan and implement media-relevant projects including forest tours, briefings and media kits.
• Monitor global news and alert communications staff of relevant trending topics, and potential crisis topics.
Writing and Editing
• Write media statements, social media material and supporting documents (FAQs, fact sheets, etc.).
• Talk about FSC’s on the ground impact through writing of engaging content, including stories and OpEds for various channels (owned and earned).
• Be an active member of the marketing and communications department, taking part in brainstorms, team discussions and workshops.
• Analyse work performed by other FSC departments for news angles and take these forwards to publication.
• Monitor and assess media activities according to pre-defined metrics.
• Additional tasks as agreed with the supervisor and project work as assigned by special organizational needs.
Professional Knowledge and Language Skills
• University degree in a relevant field (e.g. journalism, media, communications).
• At least 5 years’ professional experience in working with journalists, preferably on a regional or global level.
• At least 3 years’ professional experience in working in communications, preferably in an agency environment.
• Good time management skills: Ability to perform well while handling several functions simultaneously.
• Solution-oriented attitude to work.
• Service-oriented attitude to work.
• A strong sense for diligence and accuracy.
• The willingness and flexibility to work at both strategic level and operational level.
• Mother-tongue fluency in English (spoken and written).
• Computer Skills – good skills in the use of/experience with Standard software packages (MS Office).
• Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to shape messages for intended audiences.
• Exceptional story telling skills.
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
• Solid experience in communicating with the media.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relations.
How to apply
• Please click on the link given below to apply and let us know what motivates you to work for FSC, in this position and why think you are suitable candidate.
• Submit your CV in English.
• Please do not send any photos of yourself, including as a picture on your CV
|Duration of Appointment||2 years with the possibility for extension.|
|Entry on Duty||01.08.2020|