ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability is a global network of more than 1,750 local and regional governments committed to sustainable urban development. Active in 100+ countries, we influence sustainability policy and drive local action for low emission, nature-based, equitable, resilient and circular development. Our Members and team of experts work together through peer exchange, partnerships and capacity building to create systemic change for urban sustainability.
The Global Communications Team is seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Junior Officer, Multimedia Production
The Junior Officer, Multimedia Production will be part of the Communications Team at the ICLEI World Secretariat based in Bonn, Germany. The Communications Team is responsible for strategic global communications that reach a diverse global audience.This position is well-suited for an individual who is highly motivated and interested in producing creative, engaging multimedia communications at a dynamic global organization. The successful candidate should be highly creative and collaborative, and interested in joining a resourceful team that aims to foster teamwork, creativity and effectiveness.
• Regularly create and deliver multimedia content, including publications, visual social media content, presentations, infographics and event communications content.
• Support teammates and technical staff to conceptualize, develop and iterate on high-impact, audience-driven deliverables to visually support complex messages.
• Work with project teams on wide ranging technical content to support the translation of complex material to multimedia content that tells a story to non-technical audiences.
• Adapt campaign materials to cross over between social media, web, newsletters, print, engagement tools, surveys, videos, and other multimedia products.
• Provide input in determining the best communication method to meet project goals.
• Learn and improve on the Communications team briefing and discovery process for project deliverables.
• Manage own tasks and time effectively, including internal review cycles, to ensure efficient and on-time delivery of products.
• Collaborate with the rest of the Comms team to effectively convey the ICLEI visual brand, especially as ICLEI implements an organizational rebranding process throughout 2020.
• Regularly liaise with external consultants and freelance collaborators when necessary.
• Manage the ICLEI photo and video channels, and storage and labeling of digital assets.
Additional responsibilities may include:
• Conceptualize dynamic and engaging photo stories.
• Storyboard and produce, edit and post-produce video content.
• Plan, conduct and record interviews with key members of the organization and local government leaders.
• Basic support of HTML/CSS and CMS systems such as WordPress.
Professional Knowledge and Language Skills
• Minimum of 1 years of experience working as a graphic designer or in multimedia production
• University degree (or equivalent) in Graphic Design, Communications, Digital Media, Marketing or related fields
• Excellent user of Adobe Creative Suite – particularly InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
• Strong aptitude and enthusiasm for creative thinking and projects
• Excellent command of English language
• Interest and knowledge in sustainability and global climate advocacy processes
• Video editing experience
• Photography skills
• Professional knowledge of additional languages
|Duration of Appointment||one year, to start with|
|Entry on Duty||01.05.2020|