Founded in 1972, IFOAM – Organics International works as an agent of change, advocating for true sustainability in agriculture, value chains, and consumption. We are an international non-profit organization with a membership base that spans around 100 countries, and promote a holistic approach to food systems based on the principles of health, ecology, fairness, and care.
It’s an exciting time to join our team! We are growing and in transition, and are looking to strengthen our organization in the implementation of organic agriculture development projects across different countries. To this end we are looking for a Junior Coordinator to become part of the Capacity Development team and support this transition.
The Capacity Development Department, as termed in our organizational strategy, sits alongside three other departments – Policy & Guarantee, Governance and Communications – and aims to increase the uptake of sustainable agriculture by building capacity and sharing experiences with a wide range of stakeholders.
We are looking for a person who has already gained some experience in an international organization and looks forward to develop personally and professionally. The position offers you the opportunity to learn about the global organic sector and grow your skills to eventually develop within IFOAM.
As Junior Coordinator, you will provide support for the entire department in various organizational and administrative tasks that include the organization of meetings and events, collecting and preparing departmental information that feeds into the overall organization’s work, ensuring that the website is constantly updated and maintaining the database. You will be also assisting with the smooth execution of our specialized courses around the world conducted by the IFOAM Academy. We expect that you will contribute to a positive working environment. You will join a culturally diverse 30-member team at our office in Bonn, Germany. Your departmental team consists of 9 persons, each of them bringing in their expertise into their respective work areas. Additionally, you will be regularly collaborating with other departments within IFOAM – Organics International. You will directly report to the Head of Capacity Development.
As Junior Coordinator of the Capacity Development Department, you will:
• Prepare and organize meetings and events, organized in the department
• Support in the collection and preparation of departmental information needed for monitoring & evaluation as well as finances
• Data collection and entry in our organizational data base
• Assisting in the upkeep of the website
• Provide administration support for the processing of Academy training courses, such as participants applications, logistical support, excursions, meetings and events
• Support with financial monitoring of the courses
• Ensure visibility for our training courses in close collaboration with the Communications Department
• Additional tasks and organizational needs will be assigned by the supervisor
Professional Knowledge and Language Skills
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• Degree/education in a relevant subject (e.g. administration, finance, project management, or equivalent);
• At least 2 years of experience working for an international organization in multicultural contexts
• Cultural sensitivity and diplomacy
• Exceptional writing and verbal skills
• Excellent time management skills when supporting, simultaneously, various administrative and support role
• Pro-active approach towards solving problems
• Good working knowledge of standard software packages (MS Office), particularly with Excel
• Knowledge of working with databases is an asset
• Fluent in English, basic knowledge of German, additional language is an asset
We offer a full-time (40 hours/week) position initially for 2 years with the intention to extend to an unlimited contract, with a probation period of 6 months. Applicants seeking a part-time arrangement will be considered, please indicate that in your application. For this position, IFOAM – Organics International offers an annual gross salary in the range of EUR 27.000 to 37.000 according to qualifications and experience.
IFOAM - Organics International places great importance on the personal and professional development of its employees and work-life balance. This includes flexible working time.
How to Apply
Please submit your application by email in one single file (PDF) to jobsifoambio no later than March 31, 2020. Please indicate in the email subject your name and the position you are applying for. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Your application must include a cover letter, your CV and salary expectations. Additional documents may be asked for at a later stage. Short-listed candidates will also be asked to provide the names and contact details of two professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
|Duration of Appointment||2 years, with the intention to extend to an unlimited contract, with a probation period of 6 months|
|Entry on Duty||01.04.2020|